Tuesday 30 September 2008

L'Shana Tovah

So tonight I called upon my inner balabusta and came home from work, strapped on my apron and cooked up some matzo ball soup and luschen kugel. To be honest I wasn't 100% happy with how the soup turned out, not the best matzo balls I've ever made, but what can you do.

The kugel though was delicious. It's my great-grandmother's recipe and is a sweet kugel with apples and raisins. I'm looking forward to having leftovers for breakfast tomorrow. Kugel for breakfast you say? Yes that is how I roll.





If you'd like to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, but don't want to cook up a storm, have some apples with honey. Eating them will give you a sweet year.

Anyway we ate these goodies in honor of Rosh Hashanah and while watching the Celtic v. Villareal match. Unfortunately Celtic lost 1-0. Perhaps not such a sweet New Year for them. My favorite player is Nakamura....the game stats said he ran over 10km in 80 minutes, that is nuts!




No comments: