Wednesday 7 January 2009

That's not Okay

So you know those people who get paid to hold signs that generally have an arrow and say things like "Chicken Cottage 50 feet?" You may recall Brett from "Flight of the Conchords" getting a job holding signs to make ends meet. I always feel sorry for them because I think it must be a boring job.
Well today at the top of Buchanan Street (the main shopping street in Glasgow and also where my office is located) there was a guy with a sign that said "God this way." He also was shouting at the top of his lungs to come to the church for a lunch mass. There would be lots of people and praying and for only £3 you could get food.

I won't get into my religious beliefs here, but come on! I don't care what you believe, I don't think you should be screeching about your church while holding the same sort of sign the Chicken Cottage guy does. I wonder if he will be out there again tomorrow an exactly how many people go to church on their lunch break?
I go shopping on my lunch break, does that count?

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I feel like if the spirit moves people, they should go for it. Of course I'm used to people in DC yelling about any and every political cause and sometimes just pure nonsense. I wouldn't do it, but to each their own.

Maybe some lonely soul will walk by and it will help them. Or at least it gives you good blog fodder :-P

Anonymous said...

I love that episode :)

Mary said...

Yay for Flight of the Conchords!

I also don't get the billboards that simply say "JESUS."