Tuesday 18 August 2009

21 weeks


Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like they're practicing martial arts as their initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know them better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

*How far along?: 21 weeks

*Total weight gain: Don't know

*How big is baby?: Banana or Carrot apparently and 3/4 of a lb (weight of a large potato, we played with the scales at the grocery today)

*Maternity clothes?: Yup

*Sleep?: I've been waking up every 2 hours in during the night to pee, not fun

*Best moment this week?: Detailed scan/Finding out the sex

*Movement?: Still getting kicked, a lot especially after eating chocolate

*Food cravings?: Nope

*Labor signs?: Nope

*Belly button in or out?: Innie

*What I miss: Nice hair. My hair looks like crapola still.

*What I'm looking forward to: Paycheck on Thursday

*Milestone: Finding out the baby's sex and NBH feeling kicks from the outside

5 comments:

Candace said...

Oh a banana! Thats exciting!!

Anonymous said...

So what is it?! A boy or a girl?

Aviva Events said...

I'm glad baby has eyebrows. Will it let me groom them when it is older?

Melaina25 said...

Joy, my father-in-law doesn't want to know the sex of the baby, so we are keeping it off the internet and the public eye.

Alie, I should say babies don't need eyebrow grooming, but I'd be lying as I've seen some unibrowed children and thought they needed some gentle tweezing. Yes, I'm a horrible person.

JoernandAllison said...

You look so adorable!! I can't believe how quickly this is all passing by! You and Colin must be particularly excited now that you know what you're having, and maybe it is a little more exciting that you're not sharing it- keeps everyone in suspense!