Sunday 11 October 2009

Random Blondie Ramblings

So I was driving to Troon from Dumfries and listening to Radio 1 when I heard a song come on the radio and it automatically made me smile. I'd never heard it before, but it samples the Imogen Heap song "Hide and Seek" which was used in the SNL Digital Short 'Dear Sister.'


I freaking loved that digital short. We kept it on our DVR forever and I'd just watch it randomly. What I heard in the car was Jason Derulo's song "Mmm Whatchu Say" it samples the same bit of "Hide and Seek" and I just find it hilarious that it's sampled on an R&B song to begin with, but then it reminds me of the about sketch so it's even funnier.



*Sigh* I really, really wish we got SNL over here. It used to be on randomly between 1-3am on ITV4, but not for a few years. I miss it!

No comments: