Tuesday 3 November 2009

32 weeks


By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, they'll gain a third to half of their birth weight during the next 7 weeks as they fatten up for survival outside the womb. They now have toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Their skin is becoming soft and smooth as they plumps up in preparation for birth.


First bump picture in the new house, we haven't hung it yet so we propped the Cincinnati photo, that's normally in the background, up on the window sill for consistency ;)
*How far along?: 32 weeks

*Total weight gain: Don't know

*How big is baby?: Jicama- seriously how do they pick these things? I googled it and the baby weighs roughly as much as a full 2 liter of pop!

*Maternity clothes?: Yes; as you can tell from the photo above, I should no longer attempt to wear non-maternity tops, even if they are long line sweaters.

*Sleep?: Not as much as I'd like, but a bit better now Emma isn't as barky in the new house.

*Best moment this week?: Moving into our brand-spanking new house and taking a shower in my own home for the first time in over 5 years!

*Movement?: The bebe never used to move during the day and went nutso at night and now their movement is getting more consistent throughout the day, although still mostly at night.

*Food cravings?: Nope; but I'm excited Starbucks "red cups" are coming soon!

*Labor signs?: No

*Belly button in or out?: Innie

*What I miss: Having a telephone and real internet. We can't get a phone line until 11/19, so I can't call America or have America call me (it's expensive on cell phones) and the mobile internet connection isn't strong enough to support Skype.

*What I'm looking forward to: My last antenatal class; NBH comes with me and we get a tour of the hospital.

*Milestone: Going from owning a one bedroom flat to a 4 bedroom house!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I'm jealous of the 4 bedroom house! Awesome. You look great!