Thursday 14 April 2011

Is your refrigerator running? You better go catch it!

The lovely Pippa tagged me in the Fridge of Bad Parent Meme that Sally created and while I'd like to think neither of us are a bad parent, I'm actually going to follow through! I'm rubbish at responding to tags, but I'm going to make more effort from here on out. I've actually shown y'all my fridge before back when we still lived in our flat believe it or not. At that time I was totally in love with it.

Now, I actually hate my fridge because it has no freezer.  It's large and in charge, which I love, but I have to schelp my lazy ass out to the garage if I want any tasty frozen delights from the freezer. It also means I can't have ice in my drinks and y'all know how us Americans LOVE ice in our drinks! Regardless here in all it's full sized "American" glory is my fridge.


Let's see we've got my gym's class schedule, a not from Blondie Boy's leprechaun, autographed Henry Rollins ticket, US-UK conversion chart, recycling schedule, my sister's Save-the-Date, photos of my Grandparents and lots of fun magnets and other random crap stuck up there for who knows what reason.



(Clockwise from top) Authentic Thai Green Curry, Yeo Valley Organic Yoghurt, Hummus, Dog Food, Sparkling Water, White Whine, Grapes/Melons, Lurpak Light, Plum tomatoes, Reduced-Sugar Ham, half a lemon, Maraschino cherries, Feta cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Chicken breasts, Laughing Cow Cheese, Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, Pineapple, Coleslaw, Organic Whole Milk, Skimmed Milk, more Yeo Valley Yoghurt, Reduced Fat Whipped Cream, Ketchup.



Leftover Chinese, Leftover Sloppy Joes, Purple Drank, Coke Zero, Mayonnaise, Corona, Mahoosive thing of Soy Sauce, More Whipped Cream (?), Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, Rocket, Izzy's Kosher Pickles

So judging from my fridge alone am I a bad parent? Do y'all have any of the same stuff in your fridge? I'm going to take this meme international and I tag::


4 comments:

Kate said...

Lurpak baby! Yours is SO much tidier though - but I blame my son for packing the shopping away. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Lesley - Scottish Mum Blog said...

Your fridge is as big as mine. Thankfully you only have half the people I have to feed so mine is never big enough to cope.

April said...

oh wow -- i totally want that soy sauce <3 i love soy, and totally need a container that size LOL

Jenn B said...

I'm jealous of the size of your freezer - mine is a tall fridge/freezer combo, but still...

And with regards to the freezer, WTF is the deal with the mini ice cube trays???

My landlord is living in Australia now, and they have an American neighbor, who of course, needs ice.

SHE hires a buff blond surfer dude to chip ice for them at parties.

Where can we get blond surfer dudes here to chip ice for us????