Wednesday 29 February 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: The Oscars Red Carpet 2012

I've been not feeling well on and off all week and haven't left the house except for a board meeting on Monday so no photos of me. So instead I'm going to post my favourite looks from the Oscars; it is what they wore this week. All of the images below are from The New York Times.

Tadashi Shoji Oscars

Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji. I think the detail work is extremely flattering and I love how the dress looks on her. Plus my Mom wore Shoji to both my and my sister's weddings!

Ellie Kemper Oscars

Ellie Kemper in Armani Prive. First off she is ridiculously adorable; every interview I've ever seen she just seems like that girl you know who is the nicest person you've ever met. 
You know the kind of girl who brings you baked goods when you are sick not because she's a 
Martha Stewart wanna-be trying out the latest design she saw on Pinterest but because she genuinely wanted to bring you cupcakes. I think the colour of the dress was less harsh on TV than in this picture, but it was just a gorgeous colour on her and the subtle makeup and pulled back hair with the sparkly rust was just beautiful.

Penelope Cruz Red Carpet


Penélope Cruz in Giorgio Armani. I didn't see this come down the carpet but flicking through the photos I stopped. I love, love, LOVE the sky blue, slightly periwinkle colour of her dress. I'm not a huge fan of trains but it is mostly the colour I'm all about here.

Maya Rudolph Red Carpet

Maya Rudolph in Johanna Johnson. I love Maya's hair. I think the dress could be so much better is the belt was a bit higher or cinched in a bit more. The bust as it is is not that flattering on her. Love the styling though.

Red Carpet Hair

Wendi McClendon-Covey in Simin Couture. Her hair and makeup was so pretty when she was getting interviewed. I remember saying outloud "I love her hair." In fact I'm pretty sure I tweeted her to tell her, too (yes I'm that girl). Not a huge fan of the dress but I think the colour is really flattering on her.

Who were your best dressed/styled at the Oscars? Notice I say *best* and not worst. Don't get me wrong I love to hate on hot messes as much as the next girl but I think I will leave that to Joan, Guilianna and Kelly. There is enough negative stuff in cyber-space so I'm choosing to keep it a love fest! Is that okay?

Speaking of love fest one of you is going to LOVE your new Hold Your Haunches leggings! Click back to my HYH review post to see if you won!






37 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I loved octavia's and emma stone's dresses.

Melaina25 said...

my fave is Penelope Cruz's!

joining here for the first time ;)

Melaina25 said...

Penelope Cruz looks so classy.  Love these dresses.  Maya Rudolph looks amazing as well!

Claire

Melaina25 said...

penelope cruz! gorgeous!

www.aroundlucia.comwww.aroundlucia.com

Melaina25 said...

I love Octavia's dress (and her win for best supporting actress--she was so emotional!) and that you tweeted Wendi is funny.  I know this seems silly, but I would be so nervous! Ha!
Thanks for hosting!

Melaina25 said...

If she tweeted back I'd be nervous! :)

Melaina25 said...

I also loved Ellie Kemper's dress. My absolute favorite was Michelle Williams. She just looked so perfect and adorable. I just loved that it looked so HER and so Oscar appropriate. 

Milla Jovovich looked like the epitome of a glamorous movie star.

Melaina25 said...

Milla Jovovich looked stunning I agree but I swithered on adding her to my list; not sure why. I love that Michelle brings Busy Phillips with her everywhere :)

Melaina25 said...

Oooh great choices! I think Penelope looked absolutely beautiful. Full on old school glamour and the colour was just perfect. My absolute favourite though has to be Gywneth Paltrow. I just thought she looked stunning!

Melaina25 said...

Penelope Cruz looks simply stunning!

Melaina25 said...

I have to say I thought Gwyneth, and Emma Stone were my favorite! I loved the ladies above too! Have a great day!

Melaina25 said...

I loved Penelope's dress and I though Maya looked really good!

Melaina25 said...

my favorite favorite favorite dress was cameron diaz's.  oh, i swoon just remembering it's gorgeousness.  but octavia spencer was a close second.  it's just so flattering on her.

Melaina25 said...

Such beautiful dresses! I love Penelope Cruz's dress, to die for!

Melaina25 said...

You are like me this week, feeling blah. I haven't taken any pics either! I didn't see Ellie Kemper but that dress is stunning!

Melaina25 said...

Hope you feel better soon!!

Melaina25 said...

Love me some Oscar fashion!  I loved all the ones you had..but I also loved Emma Stone!

Melaina25 said...

Michelle Williams was on my best dressed list!  Hope you are feeling better!  I was fighting it all last week.  Thanks for doing the link up!

Melaina25 said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well! Hope you feel better soon. I posted my husbands outfit up this week to keep you entertained :D

http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/ 

Melaina25 said...

I think she is really pretty but the giant bow was too old for her I think.

Melaina25 said...

I kinda like Cam's dress but I thought she looked a lot older than she is; don't know if it was the dress or her face but it put me off.

Melaina25 said...

She looked amazing. The colour was just perfect on her and I'm a sucker for sparkles.

Melaina25 said...

Thank you!

Melaina25 said...

That colour is just stunning, right?

Melaina25 said...

I'm not a Gwyny girl and I don't know I just can't get behind a cape (says the girl who bought a Versace cape dress).

Melaina25 said...

I just wish the waist on Maya was more defined!

Melaina25 said...

I can't stand Gwyneth so maybe I'm biased, lol. It was nice to see her in something other than Calvin Klein for a change.

Melaina25 said...

 haha - i don't think i even really looked at her face.  i was just in love with the way the shiny golden parts of the dress peeked out of the little flutters of ruffles.  i honestly don't think i even gave cameron a second thought.  :) 

Melaina25 said...

I'll take any of those dresses.  So pretty!

Melaina25 said...

Eek...I have to admit I didn't even watch the Oscars!  Though I agree that fashion is a great part of the show.

Melaina25 said...

I didn't watch the Oscars or the fashions this year. I love fashion just wasn't up to it this year.

Melaina25 said...

Thanks so much for hosting this link party, I look forward to it each week! I thought Penelope Cruz's dress was gorgeous too!

Melaina25 said...

Click the link to NYT I have above and you can see everyone that came down the red carpet!

Melaina25 said...

I didn't watch it but I watched the red carpet. It was too late for me to stay up!

Melaina25 said...

I'm loving Penelope Cruz, her dress is stunning x

Melaina25 said...

Ellie is adorable, I am a big Office fan.

Melaina25 said...

She is a beautiful woman.