Tuesday 15 May 2012

What I Wore Wednesday: Cybher

This past weekend I was honoured to be part of the amazing team that put on Cybher, the first all inclusive female blogger event of its kind in the UK. It was a hectic few days but it was an amazing day and I'm really happy with how my two sessions--I ended up running a feminist panel in addition to my Apps presentations--went. The vibe on the day was so positive, inspiring and uplifting and since I am the one reading the evaluation results I know I was not alone in feeling that way :)


So here is what I wore to the most stylish blogger event of the year:




Grey Dress- Cynthia Rowley
Black Cropped Blazer- HM
CybherUK necklace- My Name Necklace
Silver and Pink Fiji Bracelet- Monica Vinader
Black Hoop Earrings-Walmart
Patent Leather Black Dr Martens Heels
Platinum Black Nails-Sally Hansen




What didn't I tell you I'm the new Edie? What do you mean Desperate Housewives is cancelled? Aw crap.  Don't worry I'm not delusional, well not totally; one of the stands had this super cool green screen where you could whisk yourself to Wisteria Lane. Pretty cool right?


In the end I didn't end up wearing my skull bracelet because my good friend, and Cybher founder, Siân gave the team these amazing Fiji Friendship bracelets--in Cybher her pink natch. Since I'd been sick the week before I didn't think I could wear heels all day so Siân loaned me her kick ass Doc boots, too. 


I found this Cynthia Rowley dress at TK Maxx the day before I got sick and really loved it. It has pockets (something I really love in a dress right now) and you can't tell but a really cute zipper up the back which at least in the UK is bang on trend. It was more than comfortable to run around in all day and I think it looked professional yet stylish.


I have to give a big shout out to my Apps co-presenter Biba who was didn't just do an amazing job for a 10 year old but did an amazing job full stop. Huge thanks to Cat and Lori for stepping in last minute to sit on the feminist panel with me and MASSIVE congratulations to the rest of the team Claire, Erica and of course the maven behind the madness Siân. Thank you for believing in me and believing in Cybher. 


47 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Cool green screen pic!

Melaina25 said...

Nice outfit!  Thanks for hosting.

Melaina25 said...

LOVE your whole outfit!! You made the perfect choice. Glad it went well for you, too.

Melaina25 said...

Love your dress, so cute!!!

Melaina25 said...

sounds like fun. is your pink all gone? I've been thinking of doing some blue in mine but I"m not sure if I want to since I'd have to lighten parts but I loved your pink! any ways thanks for hostingt

Melaina25 said...

You look great dollie!!!!
So SAD to see another amazing show off the air "Desperate Housewives" was one of my fav. shows, I will def. miss the adies. 

Melaina25 said...

Hahaha, love the desperate housewives poster!
Great outfit, glad to hear you had a good time, well done!

Melaina25 said...

Looking good. Was lovely to meet you x

Melaina25 said...

You looked absolutely amazing on Saturday! I'm so sorry that we didn't get the chance to speak properly but what a day! Just incredible -) 

Melaina25 said...

Great dress!  You wear it well.

Melaina25 said...

You looked gorgeous and well done to you all, you did amazing. xx

Melaina25 said...

Thats pretty cool - congrats.

Melaina25 said...

Love the boots with the dress!
Ashley

Melaina25 said...

You called me a maven.... I may have to learn to read maps and kick your ass:)

Melaina25 said...

Fabulous outfit, you look amazing, love it. Googled the friendship bracelets and they are beautiful. Desperate Housewives pic is brilliant. x

Melaina25 said...

Really need to get myself a black blazer! This outfit is the definition of class!

Melaina25 said...

dresses with pockets are pretty much the best (next to, maybe, skirts with pockets!).  yours is fantastic!
xo
kym
bitty.and.bunny

Melaina25 said...

you look brilliant! love the shiny doc martins, they really suit you and the outfit adding a fab edgy style! LOVE IT! :D

Melaina25 said...

Aren't they amazing? I may have considered for a half a second forgetting to give them back :)

Melaina25 said...

I only used the pockets for the mic pack while I was on stage but I still loved them!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks! H&M has an amazing variety of blazers; I honestly didn't think I could wear one before I went there.

Melaina25 said...

Aren't they beautiful? I love it and can't thanks Sian enough for it.

Melaina25 said...

I may or may have not chosen that word on purpose :)

Melaina25 said...

It makes me want to get a new pair of Doc sooo bad!

Melaina25 said...

Thank you sweetheart! You should link up your outfit! You were looking super sophisticated yourself :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks! TK Maxx can be hit or miss but when it is hit, it REALLY hits :)

Melaina25 said...

Thank you sweetheart! I don't think I got a chance to properly speak to anyone but come June we are sneaking off and having a proper chat!

Melaina25 said...

You too! Just sorry we didn't get to say much more than hi! I hope you enjoyed the day x

Melaina25 said...

It's fun right? You could choose Wisteria Lane or Once and I guess I'm more housewife than fairytale :)

Melaina25 said...

Thanks Princess! I wasn't sure if I could pull the look off--I thought up the outfit but never actually tried it all together until the day of!

Melaina25 said...

It is pretty much almost all gone except for some very faint pink bits in the middle--it has all worn off at the roots and ends randomly Maybe try blue on top first to see what you think? So it is super subtle?

Melaina25 said...

Thank you Jeanine :)

Melaina25 said...

It was a really fun stand!

Melaina25 said...

Ooh great suggestion :)

Melaina25 said...

Love the outfit, the Docs look fab.  Like you, I love a dress with pockets.  You look very glam :)

Melaina25 said...

you look very cute, love the outfit. The dress is super cute and glad the event went well for you.

Melaina25 said...

Cute dress!
 

Melaina25 said...

Looks like you had fun..

Melaina25 said...

Girl, you look fantastic!!

Melaina25 said...

those doc marts looks great!!!

Melaina25 said...

Super cute!!


Creamy

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for linking up. I'll be featuring this in next Sunday's link party!

Doranda
www.watchoutforthewoestmans.blogspot.com

Melaina25 said...

how fun!

Melaina25 said...

That picture is hilarious!

Melaina25 said...

Cant go wrong with a cute dress and a blazer!

Melaina25 said...

That green screen trick is too cool! And you look adorable!

Melaina25 said...

Wish I could have been there to hear you speak. Maybe I will come next year and add more American flavor to CybHer. You look great - you always know how to dress for every occasion :) xo