Tuesday 8 April 2014

What I Wore Wednesday: Spring into Skin with Lush

Lush Sauchiehall Street GlasgowI'll be honest I fell off the beauty product wagon. I've always been a total make-up snob so I don't know why I thought buying skin care at the grocery store was okay. Luckily for me the lovely ladies of Lush Sauchiehall Street in Glagow reminded me of how their products are not only amazing but all natural, too.

Lush's products are 100% vegetarian (and over 97% of products are vegan) and never tested on animals.  If you've never been to a Lush store before their products are fun, fresh and smell amazing! Spring is a great time to rethink your skin care routine so we got to learn what products would work for us.

We started off the night by making up our very own fresh Cupcake face mask. Some of Lush's products are so fresh you need to refrigerate them (they are kept on ice in store) and this is one of them. It was literally just like mixing up an actual batch of cupcakes except these were good for you! When they say all natural ingredients are used they aren't kidding and obviously in the fresh products no preservatives either.

As well as their amazing skin care Lush is probably most well known for their fantastic bath products like their ballistics.



I always get ballistics at Christmas and then hoard them because I love them so much which I know doesn't make any sense! There are loads of new bath products this season like the Sakura ballistics and Ice Blue soap both of which smell amazing!


Lush Easter Bath Glitter

The also have tons of super cute Easter themed goodies if you are looking for an Easter basket alternative to chocolate or if you just love cute stuff! I had such a lovely time falling back in love with Lush and when I went to try the mask at home I wound up having some mother and son bonding time too!  


Chocolate Face Mask

Blondie Boy had to get in on the fun too! He was disappointed he wasn't allowed to lick the mask off though! Blondie Boy has very sensitive skin and eczema and his skin did not flare at all; it just shows how natural and gentle Lush products are!

Lush have also just launched the Lush Kitchen cooking up small batches of exclusive products that they will then ship overnight to you! It will include retired products, limited one-offs and you can even tweet them with your own suggestions! How cool is that?

Are you a Lush fan? What is your favourite Lush product?

********

Also the BritMums Brilliance in Blogging Awards are open for nominations. If you like What I Wore Wednesday would you please consider nominating me? This is the last week I'll bug you!


You have to enter:

Blog Name: Transatlantic Blonde
Blog URL: 
http://transatlanticblonde.blogspot.co.uk
Blog Twitter ID: 
@Melaina25
Blogger Email: 
Melaina25 @ gmail.com

If you have a second to nominate me I'd really appreciate it. They will ask for your email address but you can opt out of all communications. Nominations close this April 12th, Midnight GMT (7pm EST). 




Let's be friends! Find me here:

37 comments:

Melaina25 said...

I love Lush!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks for the link up! I always tend to avoid stores like LUSH because I would spend a fortune! Have a great week.


xoxox
Jasmin
www.jasmindaily.com

Melaina25 said...

I tried Lush years ago and I broke out. Just means it's not for me but I can see why other's love it.

Melaina25 said...

I have never tried Lush but I have been hearing lots about it, may have to give it a try

Melaina25 said...

Yeah migth have to try Lush one of these days....thanks for sharing!


Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Melaina25 said...

Those face masks look like fun! :)

Away From Blue

Melaina25 said...

I had to go and use it again after writing this up :)

Melaina25 said...

Definitively do!

Melaina25 said...

You should! I'm beating myself up for forgetting it for so long!

Melaina25 said...

I'd go in and talk to them because it might have been in one product and not others. They gave me lots of wee samples to try because I have sensitive skin.

Melaina25 said...

It's so worth it though :)

Melaina25 said...

Me too!

Melaina25 said...

I love Lush products. I had been buying my beauty products at Target for years....but now I am a total snob...haha

Melaina25 said...

This is one brand that I have not tried and I really am not sure why. I definitely need to try it as I have heard such amazing things about Lush!

Melaina25 said...

I love the Lush bath products! I need to check out their Easter goodies!

Melaina25 said...

I have never used the Lush products. Thank you for sharing!

Melaina25 said...

I love the mother/ son face mask photo! So cute!

Melaina25 said...

Ooo, buying skincare is way more important than makeup. Makeup only covers unhealthy skin, why do you want that? My goal is always to have healthy skin, so that I don't need to wear as much makeup.

Arielle from Tangled Musings

Melaina25 said...

I ♥L.O.V.E.♥ Lush! They are hands down my favorite company in the entire world. No joke. I love them for their strong stance against animal testing, the fact that their ingredients are mostly vegan, their excellent quality of products, and the fact that they are socially responsible. There is nothing I don't love about Lush and I am just the teensiest bit jealous that you got to go make a fresh cupcake face mask! :)
xo
Kym
bitty.and.bunny

Melaina25 said...

Ill have to try Lush. It sounds wonderful and I've heard wonderful things as well. Love the mask, it looks fun!

-Vogue&Heels

www.vogueandheels.com

Melaina25 said...

Oh wow, not bought from Lush in a long time but will now, looks dreamy! Thanks for hosting x

Melaina25 said...

i can't say i'm a fan of lush yet, because i haven't tried their products. i have browsed several times and hear a lot of great things, but they are so expensive here!! oh, actually, i did buy a small chunk of deodorant for my daughter which cost me a hefty $12, and i saw a cream i wanted for $79, lol!

[oomph.]

Melaina25 said...

I hadn't heard of Lush thanks for sharing sounds like an awesome brand!

Melaina25 said...

I love Lush! I have their honey shampoo and body conditioner. Their products are so well-made and natural.


Katie - See What Katie Wears

Melaina25 said...

Gotta love it right?

Melaina25 said...

Oh you totally have to!

Melaina25 said...

They are so cute!

Melaina25 said...

You should definitely try!

Melaina25 said...

Thanks :) It was fun lol!

Melaina25 said...

I totally agree; I only really wear eye-makeup to be fair :)

Melaina25 said...

I knew you'd love LUSH!

Melaina25 said...

You should definitely try it out!

Melaina25 said...

Oh you totally have to get back into it; I'm kicking myself for going away for so long.

Melaina25 said...

It just depends on what you get I guess? It's not cheap here but it is't crazy expensive.

Melaina25 said...

Oh def. give them a try!

Melaina25 said...

Ooh honey shampoo sounds awesome!

Melaina25 said...

I'm a long term Lush fan. Bought from Cosmetics To Go before they became Lush and also their offshoot brand (can't remember its name) that I believe closed down :(